Are you feeling overwhelmed when it comes to GDPR?
Are you unsure what you need to have in place to be fully compliant with the law?
Since the General Data Protection Regulations were introduced (and for many months before!), I’ve been working with business owners to provide clarity and help with what they need to do to be fully compliant with the new law.
I was confused when I first heard about GDPR and what it meant for a small business owner like myself, and I was terrified when I saw so many business owners burying their heads in the sand rather than putting into place the processes and systems necessary to be GDPR compliant. So, I undertook some training and learned everything I needed to know so I could ensure my own business was completely compliant and be able to help other businesses be compliant too.
With my partners at Koffeeklatch, I’m able to provide you with GDPR friendly policies and contracts to keep your business the right side of data protection regulations.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and is essentially an update the current Data Protection Act (DPA) which is now 20 years old.
You can find out more about GDPR on the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) website.
My GDPR preparation service is designed to help you understand the data that you hold, how it’s collected and stored, who can access it and whether you need to review the consent you have for the data you collect. I’ll do this by:
- Evaluating the data you have
- Identifying where that data is held – both physically on devices and in the cloud by providing you with a single document confirming data locations and security details for the systems you use (where these are available)
- Reviewing your trail of consent
This gives me the information I need to create a document that maps this out and how you can use this data to inform your policies and procedures moving forward.
I have been working with Sarah to make sure that my small company is GDPR compliant, and I can honestly say that I couldn’t have done it without her! She was extremely helpful, professional, detailed, always available, and very knowledgeable. Working through all the GDPR requirements on my own was a bit overwhelming, Sarah on the other hand made everything very clear to understand. I needed someone to take the reins and walk me through everything I needed to do for GDPR, and Sarah did just that – she is amazing! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for GDPR help.
Be prepared, be GDPR compliant
I have several support options available to you when it comes to GDPR preparation, from a free website review through to my full preparation service. The support you need depends on the steps you’ve already taken to be GDPR compliant, if any but this can be established during our consultation where I can create a bespoke package if necessary.
My free website review checks the key aspects of your website that must be compliant with GDPR from the front end and then recommends the key actions that you need to take to improve it. After your reviews, you can book a GDPR consultation call – a thirty minute call to discuss the report in more detail and how to improve your general compliance for just £35.00. Request your review now…
My full GDPR preparation that involves up to 8 hours work including:
- 1 hour call to discuss where you are in your GDPR preparation and to answer key questions about the data that you hold.
- Research into the systems to identify where they are located and the security they have in place
- Full review of your business touch points to identify where data is collected and what consent is provided
- Recommendations on next steps for your business
- A data audit spreadsheet and next steps document
More time can be booked if necessary.
Investment – £75.00 per hour
Over this one hour call we’ll discuss where you are in your GDPR preparation by going through some key questions about the data that you hold. Following the call, I’ll send you a document that summarises the basics of that data that you hold so can you take this information and use it implement the necessary policies and procedures you need to be compliant. Investment – £95.00 one off fee
This full audit takes the form of a 30-minute call where we’ll discuss:
- your internal processes for GDPR – retention, breaches and subject access requests
- your systems – what are you using, what have you ceased to use and what may you use in the future
- your lawful basis for processing – we will discuss these together and identify any that may have changed
After this, I’ll complete a full front-end website review to ensure that it’s compliant for GDPR and provide you with a full audit report complete with a clear action plan.
Investment – £95.00 one-off fee
Are you certain that your WordPress website is GDPR compliant? With my WordPress review, I will check over your website for key aspects of GDPR compliance including website security. I’ll then give you a report on the status of your website and the actions you need to take to improve your site’s security and legal requirements.
What I’ll check:
- Who your hosting provider is and if they are compliant
- If your site is using the latest version of WordPress, Themes and Plugins
- If your site is being backed up regularly
- What security is in place on your site
- If your site has the required legal documents for GDPR and Cookie Law compliance
- Check any opt-in or contact forms for compliance
Investment – £75.00 one off fee
Simple Steps to GDPR Compliance
Not sure what you should be doing to work towards compliance? Then download our FREE guide for Simple Steps to GDPR Compliance
Ready to work with us?
Contact me today to discuss the next steps you should be taking to be GDPR compliant and the right side of the law.
Disclaimer: The support offered by Banks’ Business Solutions is purely administrative to help you understand the data that you hold and where it is stored. At the end of this you are not compliant for GDPR as there are further steps you will need to take to ensure that your policies and procedures are correct. Banks’ Business Solutions can’t provide support with this as we are not qualified to do so but we would be happy to refer you onto someone who can support you further with the next steps