Attachment Parenting UK: Setting Up Systems and Processes for Growth
Attachment Parenting UK work with families to support their parenting journey and run a number of parenting groups across the UK. Started in 2012 by Michelle McHale this not for profit has grown and now has regional coordinators and groups across the country.
Michelle contacted me in 2016 as she was in the process of affiliating 40 new groups in 2016 and needed better systems and processes to do this. I provided 35 hours work to support this which included the following:
- Creation a Google form for applications to ensure that the process was simpler
- Creation of email templates for enquiries and successful/unsuccessful applicants
- Creation of a tracking system for applications that followed them through to payment
- Researched and approached potential suppliers to obtain contents for the group start up packs
- Set up group webpages on the Attachment Parenting WordPress website
- Creation of templates and how to guides for APUK and its regional coordinators
A more streamlined approach to starting new affiliate groups was put in place making the recruitment process more efficient.
Michelle said: “Sarah showed me how to develop some time-efficient systems, was the model of ingenuity and strategy and set things in order for some seriously organised future projects.”
On a more personal level: “It felt great to be supported by someone who understood my need for flexibility and who modelled personal/business time boundaries with such clarity.”